Lets Explore Working Together #
You have meaningful problems. I enjoy hearing about them and brain-storming on them.
You and I have possibly already swapped emails, phone calls, possibly had coffee/drinks together, Zoom calls, etc. As a result of our prior conversations:
- You or I have a suspicion that we should talk a bit more directly about the problem at hand (For example: Maybe we discussed something that would help bump your conversion rate from prospect to paying customer by 5%.)
- We might have discussed something that could help you negotate your salary up by $5000, or a way you can land a dream software development job.
Either way, you know the scope of the impact I might have. If that figure might be just a few hundred or few thousand dollars, book some time on my calendar for $50.
If that figure could be tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars, set up a 1-hour “roadmapping” session for $250
If you’re paying with a company credit card, and/or you’ve said the words “quarterly projections” or “funnel” or “ARR/MRR” or “NDA” in the last few weeks, book the $250 roadmapping session.
I’ll deliver you 10x in value as you spend on the session, and if we end up working together in an ongoing fashion, I’ll continue to deliver 10x what you pay me.
Persons that might be a good fit: #
- Early-career Employees: Career-related growth, or how to dovetail career and “non-career” growth goals side by side. How to most quickly level up your skills, understand how you deliver business value, etc. Schedule something for free
- Early-career Managers/Team Leads: (IC’s or Managers) How to discuss/make visible the business value you deliver. How to protect yourself and your team from the organization. How to improve the organization by protecting yourself/your team. How to retain your current team, grow their organizational capacity, and make sure everyone is better off all the while. Schedule something for $50
- Early-stage Founders/Executives: Targeted problem-solving that sits at the intersection of sales, marketing, and software development, when you don’t have the resources or the network to quickly and responsibly make a full-time hire at a cost of $200,000/yr and 25% of your not-currently-filled-with-meetings work-hours. I sit at the intersection of marketing, sales, customer success, and software development. You know the math of what a 5-15% bump in customer LTV or a 5-15% decrease in CAC means to your ARR and runway. Lets talk. I love email, and it’s nearly guaranteed we’ll talk about it. Book something for $250
- Anyone who works (or wants to work) directly with other companies: Are you interested in transitioning away from exclusively full-time employment? We’ll talk about how to position your value to prospective companies, deliver more value, get paid more and ultimately get more power to exert influence in the world. This process can can be intimidating and overwhelming - let me help you out a little.
I guarantee your time and money will be well spent, but don’t take my word for it. Here’s what others have said:
Much of my value-add comes from the fact that I understand key motivations for a wide range of persons, including people/groups traditionally considered to be at odds with each other, or at least considered to not be relevant to each other.
Help on software products #
Matt Lane, Product Manager
Josh, you’re a software developer with an interesting mix of skills. Your background in sales and support lend you rare and valuable insights.
Help with Salary Negotiation #
Andrew Brown, Lawyer
I was interviewing for a new job. I know Josh loves the topic of salary negotiations, so I gave him a call and he coached me through the process.
One week and two phone calls later, I got the job and I’d negotiated a $15k/year raise over what the company claimed was the highest they could go.
Katy Wellington, Public School Teacher
In April 2019, I was a public school teacher desperately trying to find a better job at a different school with a more open minded and progressive administration. I applied to a better school and to my delight, I got an offer!
The new school appealed to me because of a much-improved work environment, but it would have been a big salary cut.
Even with the salary cut, I wanted the job. The salary cut was a big problem, though. Teachers already get low pay and this decreased salary was almost a deal breaker.
I didn’t know what to do.
Luckily, I spent time talking to Josh about my dilemma!
He helped me see my value as an experienced educator and helped me feel confident in my value to my new school. He helped me confidently navigate the negotiation process in a way that was smooth and respectful to all involved parties.
In the end, with Josh’s help, I was able to not only convince my school to match my previous salary but actually beat my prior salary by 10%, which was above their own publically-stated “maximum starting salary”!
What happens when you book a session: #
- You click the appropriate booking link. (They’re all listed below, for your convenience).
- You answer some questions.
- You confirm the date/time, pay via Calendly/Stripe.
- I’ll email you some follow-up questions to help build context before we actually chat.
- We meet (via Zoom, or in Golden, CO, if convenient to you).
- I ask questions to understand the topic at hand, share insights and resources
- You go on with your life, being slightly or significantly improved for our time together.
👉 $250 Roadmapping Session Please select this option only if you’re using a company credit card. #
👉 $0 ☕️🍺 chat #
Why do I offer free, cheap, and expensive booking options side-by-side? #
If you’re wondering, pick book a session (probably the free one!) and ask me to explain.
Am I open to full-time employment? Can someone hire me as a full-time employee? #
I’m not interested in full-time employment at the moment, though there are companies/roles/opportunities that could make me change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯