Throughout my time at Turing, I try to teach what I learn, because that helps me learn better.
As I write stuff, I usually save it as a gist on Github. Those are not searchable, and it's hard sometimes even for me to remember what I've written.
What follows below is a curated list of useful material, ordered by either the module it might best apply to, or a more general category:
- Deliberate Practice (Lightning Talk)
- outline of resources on GIS/d3/data vis
- Example of how I ask a very knowledgable person for help (hint: make it easy for them to have the information, and respond in their time)
- An opinionated guide for those who finished mod1 prework
- Terminal fun, to be better with your command line
- Get set up on drills
- More terminal customization stuff
Mod 1: Ruby fundamentals
Mod 2: Sinatra, Active Record, and Rails