RailsConf Presentation: 'Junior' Developers are a Solution to Many of your Problems
Article Table of Contents
Did this talk resonate and you want to implement some of the ideas at your company? I might be able to help. Shoot me an email at
[email protected] or book some time to talk at https://calendly.com/joshthompson/coffee.
This talk is available on
railsconf.org, here: https://railsconf.org/watch/bettering-our-industry/junior-devs-are-the-solution-to-many-of-your-problems
I’ve only just started systematizing resources around this. I’d love to talk with you about your thoughts on these resources. Use the
coffee link above, or if there’s no availability and this is an issue you’re willing to throw money at, book time on a much more flexible calendar here: https://calendly.com/joshthompson/flexible
I’m a month in to creating public resources to change this
Misc Resources #
There are lots of ways teams can better utilize the resources of their ECSDs.
Q&A on March 14th, at 4:40p.
RailsConf CFP Draft Notes #
Here’s the abstract for this talk: RailsConf CFP Draft Notes
Useful Resources #
I’ll be relying upon scientific and non-scientific literature like:
- William Khan: Psychological Conditions of Personal Engagement and Disengagement at Work
- Why Tacit Knowledge is More Important Than Deliberate Practice
- Structural Holes and Good Ideas, American Journal of Sociology, 2004
- Hiring is Broken: What Do Developers Say About Technical Interviews
- The 2 Sigma Problem: The Search for Methods of Group Instruction as Effective as One-to-One Tutoring (Benjamin Bloom, 1984)
- Conditions for Intuitive Expertise: A Failure to Disagree, Kahneman & Klein, Princeton, 2009
- The Secret of Our Success: How Culture Is Driving Human Evolution, Domesticating Our Species, and Making Us Smarter
- How Complex Systems Fail